I won't talk too much this time..
I don't know how long, but there are some rumors about gender, inequality, stratification, etc.
You know what? They are imitated, designed, invented names to create seperations..
Video tells that 1/3 of women are exposed to violence..
So 2/3 of them are not..
And I know that (if you want you can check) 1/3 of people who are exposed to domestic violence are men..
What do you say about that?
Is that about the saying "Women and children first!" ?
The term is instulting, the motto is one sided, everyone is against the violence against women.. (so do i..)
But i ve never seen anyone, anything, any movement, any effort against the violence against men..
So does that mean you are supporting it?
Feminsim, womanism, and other zillion variations of them... They just divide people into groups, and label them..
Their only purpose is to destroy the patriarchal system of today and to create a new stratification based on matriarchy.. (and i don't support any of them)
Eventually everything will repeat again and again like a circle..
Forget about feminist and gender-based mottos..
Stand against violence against "human"..
Say something more egaliterian..
2 comments:
As you have pointed out, it doesn't matter what gender the person subjected to domestic violence is - in any case it is unacceptable, it is a violation of human rights;also the numbers don't really matter if you ask me - I did actually get intrigued by your statistics and did a bit of a search myself - didn't get quite the same numbers, but I don't want to get hung up on numbers since even one person being beaten, terrorized, abused or raped is one too many.
I think in order to be able to fight against violence we need to analyse where it comes from. How is it that some people have the feeling that they can treat others - and not just anyone, in fact people who are closest to them - so badly? The mind boggles... I don't really have the answer to the why / how this is possible, but a few thoughts on why there is so much more focus on women as victims of violence. One of these might be related to the fact that it is much harder for men to admit that they have been beaten for example (though at the same time I know that there are a lot of women who never admit / report being mistreated - and that's among those who are university graduates and have a pretty good carreer?) ... won't go into why this might be... and another one could be that men in many cases are still the "breadwinner" of the family, so women endure the violence more often for longer periods because they financially depend on their husbands, while men can walk away more easily...? By the way, the little research I did reveals that males who have admitted being victims of domestic violence usually seem to have had less repeated experiences of this which I thought seems interesting as well? they still seem to be slightly luckier than their female counterparts...
sorry my comment ended up so long...
Post a Comment