Sunday, 27 February 2011

Dear God..


 "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; that is an abomination." Leviticus, 18:22

"I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; dear and delightful you were to me; your love for me was wonderful, surpassing the love of women." Samuel, 1:26

"Dear God, Are you OK?" 

These passages were not the point I wanted to make but it just shows that how rules -even divine ones- contradicts with each other..
So maybe everybody should create their own rules and norms(but that's another issue)..

There are some possible problems that claimed by anti-gay marriages/relationships such as destruction of social structure, lack of births, possible corruption of next generations etc..

Anyway, who cares about these? I think it is just about not being able to accept other people's differences..
Any person who thinks a little logically can find that homosexual marriages cannot cause the consequences above..
Either there are or not homosexual couples, there will always be heterosexual couples too..

So, If someone is afraid of homosexuality; I can assure that if they don't get homosexual, there is nothing to be afraid of.. 



1 comment:

Meric ISGENC said...

You made a very vivid point about "non-acceptance of differences". I assume humankind's tendancy has all the time been towards not accepting differences. It may look unrelated; however Ottoman Empire's Muslim subjects barely accepted non-Muslim's acquisition of same rights with themselves. As a result, this could be the same ideology that forces people not to accept gay marriages, they don't be the same-level, same-social classed with homosexual people who they hate.